An Attorney Compensation Plan could be just what your practice needs to reach the next level.
Without one, you may be losing out on top legal talent, limiting your firm’s success, and jeopardizing the quality and consistency of client care.
Join us on September 27, 2023 at Noon CST for a special, one-hour CLE, Creating an Attorney Compensation Plan That Will Build Firm Culture and Attract Top Talent, and learn how to design a pay structure that’s right for your practice, whether you’re building one from scratch or updating an existing plan.
This free, live CLE webinar will be presented by two of the nation’s foremost authorities on law practice management: Brenda A. Barnes and Camille Stell, co-authors of RESPECT: Insights in Law Firm Compensation.
Attendees at the September program will:
- Learn how Compensation Drives Culture and, in turn, Culture Drives Success.
- Know the difference between Finders, Minders and Grinders.
- Compare & Contrast different pay models like Eat-What-You-Kill, Share-And-Share-Alike
- See how a Compensation Plan can reduce staff turnover, instability and office drama.
- Receive the tools to design a plan that will attract and retain top-flight associates and lateral partners.
Plus you’ll come away with valuable templates and online links, and you’ll learn about relevant ethical considerations and Rules of Professional Conduct.
You DO NOT want to miss this latest installment of our popular CLE series – more than 2,000 attendees to date! And it’s FREE!
Do you have a Law Firm Compensation Plan? Without one, you’re hampering the success of your practice. An effective and equitable pay structure will increase firm productivity, reduce turnover and boost office morale. It will help you recruit and retain the highest caliber of legal talent. And it will allow you to provide consistently excellent client service. Join us on September 27 for the CLE webinar, Creating an Attorney Compensation Plan That Will Build Firm Culture and Attract Top Talent, and learn how to design and develop a compensation plan that’s right for your practice – whether you’re building one from scratch or updating an existing plan. This free, one-hour CLE will be taught by two of the country’s top authorities on law firm economics, Brenda A. Barnes and Camille Stell, co-authors of the book RESPECT: An Insight to Attorney Compensation. Don’t miss this latest installment in Alta Pro’s highly popular, cutting-edge CLE webinar series. Register now!
15 Signs Your Practice Needs an Attorney Compensation Plan
- High turnover.
- Low morale.
- Zero responses to your “Associate Wanted” ad.
- Workplace negativity and stress.
- General sense that the firm is not well-managed.
- Unproductive partners are overpaid.
- Highly productive associates are underpaid.
- Managing partner says, “Compensation plan? I don’t need no stinkin’ compensation plan. I know what my people are worth, and I’ll pay them accordingly.”
- Your plan has not been reviewed or updated since 1977.
- No clear criteria for determining compensation.
- No clear criteria for promotions, advancements or incentives.
- Poor communication.
- Inconsistency, bias, favoritism.
- Firm is losing clients.
- Profits are declining.
Recommended reading: The Successful Law Firm: New Approaches to Structure and Management, by Bradford Hildebrandt and Jack Kaufman.
Alta Pro RPG now offers Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance in 15 states. Do you practice in Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas or Wisconsin? If so, you may be eligible for membership in the Alta Pro Lawyers Risk Purchasing Group (RPG), which offers a wealth of benefits for your practice: free, cutting-edge CLE webinars featuring top experts tackling timely topics; the Pro Practice Playbook; the Pro Practice Blog; Reminger’s ProLink risk management assistance; Reminger’s Claim Repair Hotline; discounts on CLIO practice management software; tax savings on health insurance; and access to the Risk Pro, to keep your firm safe and successful. Alta Pro RPG – helping lawyers in 15 states stay safe and successful. Click here to learn more about Alta Pro RPG benefits.