If you didn’t make it to Prague, Cancun or Aspen for Christmas this year, better start planning now for 2022.
Those are three of the hottest Christmas vacation spots on the planet, according to U.S. News, so book early.
Each year, U.S. News compiles its Ultimate Christmas Dream Vacation list, which considers factors like culture, climate, history and entertainment options.
“Whether you’re seeking a classic Christmas vacation filled with holiday traditions or a festive yuletide getaway without snow, you’ll find it in these vacation destinations,” according to the U.S. News website. “To determine which spots offer the best Christmas vacations, U.S. News considered factors like culture, seasonality and entertainment options, as well as reader votes.”
Below are top sites from the latest US News list.
Are you taking advantage of the valuable resources available through the Alta Pro Risk Purchasing Group (RPG)? If not, register here and start enjoying the benefits. When your law practice has professional liability coverage through Alta Pro Insurance, you’re automatically enrolled in the RPG. Among the benefits: free, cutting-edge CLE webinars featuring top experts tackling timely topics; the Pro Practice Playbook; the Pro Practice Blog; Reminger’s ProLink risk management assistance; Reminger’s Claim Repair Hotline; discounts on CLIO practice management software; and access to the Risk Pro, who can help keep your firm safe and successful. Stay ahead of the curve with Alta Pro Risk Purchasing Group.
Ten Top Christmas Vacation Spots
Following are 10 dream sites from the US News list, with comments from the article:
- Prague. “During December, the capital of the Czech Republic turns into a winter wonderland you’ve got to see to believe. Twinkling lights blanket the city’s medieval architecture, and its Christmas markets are some of the best in the world. Plus, many of Prague’s top attractions – including Old Town Square and the Charles Bridge – are free, so you won’t have to spend a fortune to sightsee.”
- Rome. “Admire the impressive Christmas trees in Piazza Venezia, next to the Colosseum and in Vatican City’s St. Peter’s Square before checking out the world’s oldest permanent nativity scene at the Patriarchal Basilica of St. Mary Major.”
- Aspen. “A haven for skiers thanks to its 76 runs and highly regarded après-ski scene. What’s more, Aspen is home to multiple luxury resorts with cozy fireplaces and luxe spas for relaxing.”
- Maldives. “When you’re not swimming with tropical fish or sunbathing on white sand beaches, unwind with a spa treatment in an overwater bungalow. Several Maldivian resorts host Santa meet and greets, Christmas food markets and more in December to get you in the holiday spirit.”
- Salzburg. “Every December, locals don horned masks, pelts and bells as they chase spectators throughout the Old Town much like the folk creature Krampus is said to have done to scare naughty children.”
- Jerusalem. “For a truly unforgettable vacation, visit Jerusalem . An important pilgrimage destination, the Holy Land is especially busy during the holidays.”
- Honolulu – Oahu. “Although December marks the start of Oahu’s peak tourist season, its abundant Christmas activities, warm weather and terrific whale watching opportunities make it a great time to visit.”
- Quebec City. “Can’t hop across the pond for a European holiday? This Canadian city is the next best thing.”
- Park City, UT. “Festive singalong shows at Park City, Utah’s iconic Egyptian Theatre are guaranteed to get even the most Grinch-like travelers into the holiday spirit.”
- Charleston, SC. “Daytime temperatures hover in the 50s and 60s in December, giving visitors the chance to comfortably enjoy the outdoor Holiday Festival of Lights and Christmas-themed walking tours through the historic district.”
Want a sweet discount on Clio practice management software products? You’re eligible if you practice in Wisconsin, Texas, Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana or Michigan and are a member of the Alta Pro Lawyers RPG. In addition to Clio discounts, you’ll get access to free webinars, the Pro Practice Playbook, Reminger ProLink, Ask the Risk Pro and more. Here’s how to join.