All of us here at Alta Pro Insurance Services want to wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving holiday.
Even in stressful times, there is much to be grateful for.
We are especially thankful for the opportunity to serve you. It is our privilege to partner with top insurance agents and brokers to provide professional liability coverage for lawyers and law firms in our service states. Our goal is to help keep our insureds safe and successful.
So here’s to a bountiful Thanksgiving Day and a blessed holiday season.
Want to make 2023 your healthiest and most prosperous year ever? Join us on Wednesday, December 7 at 12 noon CT for our Third Annual Lawyer Wellness CLE webinar. This year’s program, “You’re Not Broken: The Neuroscience of Lawyer Well-being,” will use evidence-based research to help boost your personal and professional well-being and enter the new year with renewed enthusiasm. The presenter is Colleen Byers, JD, a seasoned litigator, mediator, legal educator, certified yoga instructor, and 2020 North Carolina Lawyer of the Year. Colleen will show you how to work with neurobiology rather than against it, how to make “Emergency Landings” in stressful situations, and how to avoid “amygdala hijack.” This free, one-hour webinar will help you manage end-of-year holiday stress. And you’ll obtain 2022 CLE credit without leaving your desk! Register here.
Fun Facts for Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving was initially celebrated in October. The date was changed by President Lincoln to commemorate the arrival of the Pilgrims on the Mayflower.
- Since 1863, Thanksgiving has been legislatively designated as “permanently, an American custom and institution.”
- “Jingle Bells“ was originally a Thanksgiving song titled ‘”The One Horse Open Sleigh.”
- The very first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade featured elephants and other live animals from the Central Park Zoo.
- This year, two turkeys from North Carolina named Chocolate and Chip received Presidential Pardons at the annual event held at the White House.
- 53.4 million people travelled by plane, rail or automobile over the 2021 Thanksgiving weekend.
- More than 50 million pumpkin pies are eaten on Thanksgiving.
- Around 46 million turkeys are cooked each Thanksgiving.
Do you practice in Wisconsin, Texas, Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana or Michigan? Is your professional liability coverage managed through Alta Pro? If so, you’re automatically a member of the Alta Pro Risk Purchasing Group (RPG), which offers a wealth of benefits for your practice: free, cutting-edge CLE webinars featuring top experts tackling timely topics; the Pro Practice Playbook; the Pro Practice Blog; Reminger’s ProLink risk management assistance; Reminger’s Claim Repair Hotline; discounts on CLIO practice management software; tax savings on health insurance; and access to the Risk Pro, who can help keep your firm safe and successful. Register here and start enjoying your Alta Pro RPG benefits.