Working on an appellate brief with a word limit requirement?
Looking for an easy way to stay on track while customizing the fonts and text sizes in your document? Want to scan the finished manuscript for maximum readability?
This free online Word Count Tool could be the answer to your questions.
“Despite the name of the site, Word Count Tool isn’t just your typical online word counter,” according to the Word Count Tool website. “It has some cool features in the word counter itself, and it also offers a lot more useful tools.”
Some of those bonus features are highlighted below.
Alta Pro offers industry leading competitively priced cyber liability coverage in multiple states with an “A” rated, non-admitted carrier. We work with specialized underwriters and have the expertise to help you make a complicated product line simple to understand. The SafeLaw program was built by lawyers to provide the comprehensive cyber risk insurance coverage and services law firms need, including a wrap structure that dovetails with lawyers professional liability coverage, and specialized law firm incident response and claims handling services. Learn more here.
Some Highlights of the Word Count Tool
“The word count tool is fairly easy to use,” according to the site. “You can directly type your text into the box. Or if you’re using a word processor or online tool, such as Google Documents, to write your piece, you can simply copy and paste it onto the text box.”
Here are some other highlights:
- Sentence, character and paragraph counter. There are tabs for each of these functions.
- Word Frequency Counter. “This incorporates a fun little way of playing around with data. The Word Frequency Counter basically lists down all the words used in the text and counts how many times they appeared and what percent of the text they comprise.”
- Flesch Reading Score and reading time. “This is an especially nice feature to have when writing a speech since you often can’t tell how long it already is until you practice reciting it out loud. The Flesch Reading Ease is just the tool to help you determine that. The test uses a formula to assign a score to a particular text depending on the number of words, sentences, and syllables in your work.”
- Word Count Per Page Converter. “This will allow you to know the total number of pages your article occupies based on the font and spacing you’ll be using, and of course, the word count. This little tool is perfect for assignments where your instructor just requires minimum or maximum pages.”
- Converting word count to pages. Without a tool, it can be difficult to estimate pages, because the total count will depend on spacing, font size and other variables.
- Other features. “The site features other tools such as the Character Counter, Scrabble Word Finder, Pomodoro Timer, and Mind Map”
Source: Word Count Tool
If you practice in Wisconsin, Texas, Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana or Michigan, you can stay on top of ethics and risk management news by being a member of Alta Pro Lawyers RPG. You’ll get access to free webinars, the Pro Practice Playbook, Reminger ProLink, Ask the Risk Pro and more. Here’s how to join.