Do you have trouble completing your daily tasks? Are you finishing with more items on your to-do list then when you started? Do you sometimes wonder where the day went?
It might help to remember the four elements of productivity:
- Have a plan. This applies to your workday as well as to specific projects. Pro tip: keep a written to-do list; studies show two minutes spent each morning planning your day boosts productivity tenfold.
- Stay focused. It’s easy to get distracted with screens everywhere. Pro tip: schedule time for deep, strategic thinking – no devices allowed.
- Prioritize and choose wisely. Use the Eisenhower Matrix, which divides tasks into Urgent /Important/Not Urgent/Not Important categories. Pro tip: tackle a tough project first; you’ll feel great when it’s checked off.
- Be consistent: Try to keep your schedule as regular as possible. This will keep things flowing. Pro tip: work in the same place, and at the same pace; muscle memory is important.
Alta Pro Insurance Services keeps you informed on cutting-edge issues that affect your practice. Every week the Pro Practice Blog posts timely and topical dispatches from the risk management front lines. We spot looming risks – like the possibilities and potential perils of cryptocurrency – and give you advance warning. We identify promising trends – like Micro Self-Care, Cybersecurity Ethics, and the One-Page Business Plan – and give you the inside scoop. We bring you live CLE webinars on topics you request, most recently “Managing a Law Practice in Uncertain Times.” Please let us know how we can help your professional practice minimize risk and maximize reward. We’re here for you.
5 Productivity Hacks for Busy Entrepreneurs
Following are some highlights from the article, “Productivity Hacks for Busy Entrepreneurs” from the US Chamber of Commerce website CO.
- Focus on changes in habit, not quick fixes. “Start by outlining your daily objectives, which helps you concentrate on accomplishing goals,” writes business author Jessica Elliott. “Carve out time for deep work and avoid the temptation to handle an unrelated quick task. Take a uniform approach so your productivity hacks turn into habits.”
- Take tech breaks. Reward yourself with scheduled breaks to scan your favorite online channels and websites.
- Silence notifications on your devices.
- Set a timer to take a walk.
- Use a noise muffler or ambient sound machine.
- Use a time management tool.
- Minimize interruptions. Use “do not disturb” signs and communicate clearly with office neighbors and family members.
- Set boundaries. Let people know exactly when you are taking and returning calls, for instance.
Do you practice in Wisconsin, Texas, Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana or Michigan? Is your professional liability coverage managed through Alta Pro? If so, you’re automatically a member of the Alta Pro Risk Purchasing Group (RPG), which offers a wealth of benefits for your practice: free, cutting-edge CLE webinars featuring top experts tackling timely topics; the Pro Practice Playbook; the Pro Practice Blog; Reminger’s ProLink risk management assistance; Reminger’s Claim Repair Hotline; discounts on CLIO practice management software; tax savings on health insurance; and access to the Risk Pro, who can help keep your firm safe and successful. Register here and start enjoying your Alta Pro RPG benefits