Did you know that 95 percent of consumer decisions are based primarily on their feelings about a product or service?
Those feelings are shaped to a large extent by the vendor’s brand.
A law firm brand is the aggregate of its image and activities. It consists of tangibles like logos, business cards and websites and intangibles like experience, responsiveness and expertise.
And while branding is as important for law firms as it is for grocery stores and coffeeshops, lawyers – unlike commercial businesses – must comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct, relevant ethics opinions, and laws like the Americans with Disabilities Act. Too many lawyers rush into branding without full awareness of the ethical and malpractice risks. Trouble often follows.
Your law practice has unique characteristics that identify it to the public and distinguish it from other firms. Are you maximizing those strengths? Are you blending all the disparate elements of your practice – experience, expertise, personnel, website, logo, font type, community involvement – into a clear, consistent and compelling law firm brand? Join us on March 29 at 12 noon CST for our one-hour CLE webinar Law Firm Branding: Practical Tips and Ethical Traps. You’ll learn the basics of branding, the relevant Rules of Professional Conduct on messaging, marketing and advertising, and best practices for compliance with the ADA and other laws. And you’ll learn how to clearly and concisely articulate who you are, what you do, and why you’re the right lawyer for the job. This course is taught by an authority on legal ethics and a tech expert who creates lawyer websites that are ethical and effective. Yet another benefit of the Alta Pro Lawyers Risk Purchasing Group! Stay tuned for more details.
10 Questions to Ask About Your Law Firm Brand
- How would you describe your law firm in a single sentence?
- What distinguishes your firm from other firms?
- What do you do better than anyone else?
- What is your Unique Selling Proposition?
- Who are your target clients?
- What specific steps are you taking to reach your target clients?
- Are you aware of the Rules of Professional Conduct that apply to advertising, marketing and client solicitation letters?
- Do you make sure to include the disclosures and disclaimers required by your state on your legal ads?
- How do your clients feel about their client experience?
- How to blend all the disparate elements of your practice – experience, expertise, personnel, website, logo, font type, community involvement – into a clear, consistent and compelling law brand?
Do you practice in Wisconsin, Texas, Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana or Michigan? Is your professional liability coverage managed through Alta Pro? If so, you’re automatically a member of the Alta Pro Risk Purchasing Group (RPG), which offers a wealth of benefits for your practice: free, cutting-edge CLE webinars featuring top experts tackling timely topics; the Pro Practice Playbook; the Pro Practice Blog; Reminger’s ProLink risk management assistance; Reminger’s Claim Repair Hotline; discounts on CLIO practice management software; tax savings on health insurance; and access to the Risk Pro, who can help keep your firm safe and successful. Register here and start enjoying your Alta Pro RPG benefits