One upside of sheltering in place and practicing remotely is you’ve got lots of time to visit your favorite lawyer websites and discover new online resources.
Start by bookmarking The Pro Practice Blog. It brings you timely news, cutting-edge insights and valuable pointers to keep practice safe and successful. Fresh content is posted regularly.
And if you’ve got professional liability insurance through Alta Pro, you get exclusive access to the Pro Practice Playbook, a compendium of links, checklists and guidance on everything from opening a solo office to closing a client file.
Stay a step ahead of the cyber criminals by attending our FREE, one-hour CLE webinar “Putting Cybersafety to Work in Your Practice” on September 17. Attorney Kevin O’Hagan – a nationally-recognized expert on cyber liability who defends lawyers and firms in malpractice cases – will give you a roadmap for staying safe and successful in these uncertain times. Register here.
“Being an attorney doesn’t mean you should be stuck reading briefs and journal articles each and every day,” writes Alison Monahan, a lawyer and founder of The Girl’s Guide to Law School. “There are so many great online publications and blogs that have so much rich content that ranges from timely law topics to career tips, to the common struggles of a lawyer. Not only can these websites provide great resources, but the articles can often help you feel more rejuvenated and enthusiastic about the law.”
- AboveTheLaw.com. “Publishes new content on a daily—in some cases, an hourly—basis. Article topics tend to focus on the following areas: BigLaw, small law firms, legal technology, legal marketing, in-house counsel, law school, and government issues…. Count on Above the Law to offer a thoughtful (and sometimes humorous) look at current events.”
- JDSupra.com. “Syndicates content from publications to blogs on a multitude of law and business topics. The ability to search the site by topic area is helpful, especially if you are researching a specific field such as same-sex marriage or patents. The ‘Trending’ feature at the top of the website lets you read the most popular and topical articles.”
- ABA Journal. “Perhaps the standard for lawyers and legal professionals. Check out the ABA Journal podcasts.”
- Findlaw.com. “Provides job listings for a wide range of legal professionals. It also maintains a comprehensive set of legal resources including case law and legal news.”
- CareerDicta. “Focuses on what happens after you attend law school and pass the bar exam. Articles range from how to start your own virtual law office to marketing yourself as an attorney.”
- LawJobs.com “Lists legal job openings, classifieds and nationwide ads for lawyers, paralegals, and legal support staff. The Career Center includes career profiles, salary information, and career advice. It’s a great resource if you’re in the market for changing jobs or careers.”
What lawyer websites or blogs would you recommend?
Alta Pro Insurance Services can help keep your practice strong and viable during these uncertain times. When you have professional liability coverage with Alta Pro, you’re automatically enrolled in the Alta Pro Lawyers RPG, which gives you access to a broad range of benefits, including the Pro Practice Playbook, Ask the Risk Pro, Reminger ProLink, discounts on Clio cloud software and much more. Here’s how to join.