Just because there’s a global pandemic going on doesn’t mean you should be slacking off in your marketing efforts.
In fact, now might be the time to explore new ways to grow your practice.
“Law firms have a unique opportunity in front of them during the COVID-19 outbreak to capture new business,” according to this article in Legal Reader. “In-person events may not be happening these days, but web traffic has increased by 27 percent ever since the pandemic. Anyone who is not leveraging on that is missing out.”
You’ll have a head start on growing your practice when you have professional liability insurance coverage through Alta Pro Insurance. One benefit: you get your very own on-call practice management consultant with Ask the Risk Pro. Want in? Here’s how to start.
Here are six ways to market your practice in these challenging times, courtesy of Legal Reader (all quotes are from this Legal Reader article):
- Request client reviews and post them online. Ask clients to comment on your availability for appointments, your office hours, and the steps you’re taking to protect the health and safety of your clients and staff.
- Plan virtual events. “Every law firm event attracts new stakeholders and new networking opportunities,” says Legal Reader. “Some of the activities for a law firm can be transformed into virtual events to make your online presence stronger.” Suggestions: online seminars for your small business clients on how to reduce risk and stay safe during the pandemic; eblasts on emerging issues; website updates addressing issues like school reopenings and childcare concerns.
- Start collaborating. “For example, an Intellectual Property law firm can collaborate with an organization that fosters entrepreneurs to educate them on the importance of IP. These collaborations can be done virtually by prerecording them for the audience or doing a live event together.”
- Tweak your website. More than 90 percent of prospective clients use Google or another search engine to find a lawyer. Make sure your firm’s site shows up high in the rankings – and is chock-full of rich content. “Showcase your knowledge about the problems people face. Incorporate strong FAQ pages and answer all queries that a client sitting on the opposite side of the desk may ask you. Moreover, highlighting case histories is one of the most important ways to show your authenticity to your clients.”
- Sit on virtual panels. “Question-and-answer sessions not only add value but also allow the attendees to get answers for their specific questions. The best part is that panels can easily be converted into a digital format.”
- Use social media. “Social media marketing is an important way to reach locked-out customers. The situation will not last forever, but by being thoughtful with your communications, you can best position your firm for tomorrow. How are you using social media to market your company?”
If you practice in Wisconsin, Texas, Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana or Michigan, you can stay a step ahead of the competition by being a member of Alta Pro Lawyers RPG. You’ll get access to free webinars, the Pro Practice Playbook, Reminger ProLink, Ask the Risk Pro and more. Here’s how to join.