Are you a member of your local Chamber of Commerce? If not, you could be missing an opportunity to add value to your law practice.
National Support Your Local Chamber of Commerce Day was observed on October 16, but it’s never too late to join your local organization.
Chambers of commerce don’t just offer networking opportunities. They advocate for local businesses. They provide strength in numbers. They promote policies to support its members.
Another type of membership that can bring big benefits is membership in Alta Pro Lawyers RPG. You’ll get access to the Pro Practice Playbook, Reminger ProLink, Ask the Risk Pro and more. Here’s how to join.
Five Benefits of Chamber of Commerce Membership
Here is what the chamber can do:
- Opportunities and resources. Local chambers provide opportunities for businesses to expand and grow through a variety of programs, partnerships and initiatives you won’t find anywhere else.
- Access to information. Chamber members receive newsletters, indices and business insights that keep business owners up-to-date and competitive.
- Networking. Chambers offer members countless opportunities for networking, getting involved in the community, developing partnerships and supporting other businesses. Membership in a chamber provides a community of business owners to turn to for help and support.
- Publicity and credibility. Joining a local chamber links you to potential clients through members-only advertising and sponsorship opportunities. Membership will also increase your visibility and credibility.
- Advocacy. Chambers across the country support member businesses by advocating for their interest at the federal, state and local level. Membership gives businesses small and large a voice to help them succeed.
Are you a member of your local chamber? Has it been helpful? Why or why not?
Source: U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Are you a member of Alta Pro Lawyers RPG? If so, you get a discount on practice management software and cloud-based products, not to mention free CLE webinars and 24/7 access to the Pro Practice Playbook. Not a member? Learn how to join here.